Saturday, November 05, 2005

Saturday

Well today hasn't been very productive, but thats okay. I slept in pretty late, but I think that's what Saturdays are made for. Went to Kmart to grab a few things we needed. Kmart on a Saturday here is jam packed- I don't know what I was thinking! Even with the crowd we managed to make it through safely, without hurting anyone. Sometimes I still can't believe that Kmart is the best shopping we have here- I am so going mega shopping on any trips back to the States! Luckily there is online shopping, which gives you more options. Still rough to look at things and decide if you want them when you are online. Ah, well. I have been spending time looking online lately for Christmas gifts for Eric. And birthday presents- since his b-day is only 2 weeks before Christmas!!

We took the Jeep out for a drive today. Got to see a lot more of the mountain range from the southern side. Stopped at a gap, where there was a sign and some hiking, but the neat stuff was past the waterhole. And there was no way I was wading through stagnant water just to look at some stuff. With the weather here that waterhole will be dried up in a few weeks or so, and I am happy to wait. There was a family there with a couple of little girls who were getting in the water with nets and catching tadpoles. I hope for the tadpoles' sake that the water doesn't dry up too soon! We saw a TON of bugs once the sun set. It was kinda gross, the amount of moths and other yuckies that would hit the windshield. We also saw some neat critters out on the road- got a picture of one and its a legless lizard. Looks like a snake to me, but Eric explained the difference. I will have to put the pic up in a few days, hopefully once we have a high speed connection.

Well it is getting late and I know I am starting to ramble. Just wanted to put another post out there so I can fiddle around with this thing and see how everything works. I'm sure there will be more ramblings soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home