Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Job seeking

I might be temping for a company soon! I went to a temp agency (that another American here reccomended) this afternoon and filled out my application along with my resume. I have an interview next week- the girl who hires people is out of town until Thursday, so I have an interview Friday morning. The receptionist was real nice, and the company is supposed to be pretty good. I am not too worried about the interview, but I sure do hate interviews. I don't know anyone who really likes them. I guess the more you go to the better you get at it, but I have only been to a couple of semi-professional interviews. The rest of the places I worked, it was just like "When can you work? Oh, and will you wear this ugly shirt as your daily uniform? Okay, you're hired" :)

I am looking forward to working here. I hope I don't get too spoiled, things are so much more laid back here than in the States. All the receptionists I have seen here usually are wearing capris and sandals. And thats the most formal I have seen here! I am sure some of it comes from it being so blasted hot here, but I think that all the Aussies in general are more relaxed about that sort of thing. I can't wait to work and see what its like!

I've also started doing my Christmas shopping online. Last night I put several things on my credit card- I just don't get the same sensation of the "giving spirit" when I shop online. Its not at all like leaving a store with full bags. Oh well. If I didn't do it online there wouldn't be hardly any presents this year, because the only major store we have is Kmart! And even that isn't very major. Eric went to get something at the store Monday night and he left around 6, and was back again in 20 minutes because the store closes at 5 every night but Thursday. How strange, especially for someone who is used to 24 hour Walmarts, and every other store being open until at least 9. But things are so much more relaxed here, and I guess they just don't have a need for the stores to stay open late.

Well I plan on doing a little more shopping tomorrow. Anything that needs to be mailed has to be taken care of by the end of the month or it won't get there by Christmas. The rest of my week looks pretty boring right now- I need to get some housecleaning done but have been feeling rebellious and ignoring it. I think its just wishing that the cleaning fairy will come in the middle of the night and take care of it... But I must have made the cleaning fairy mad, because she hasn't dropped by. If wishing doesn't work tonight then I guess I will actually have to get off my bum sometime tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home