Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Lights, Camera, action!

Sorry I haven't posted in the last few days. There really hasn't been a lot going on in my life. Eric has been working, but has the next couple of days off- Yay! I plan on dragging him with me to do some Christmas shopping. I tried to do that this weekend but mysteriously we never got around to it. He is a slippery man when it comes to shopping! However I did some looking around today and have an idea about what I want to get people, so it shouldn't take too long!

This weekend the weather was pretty nice, but it rained on and off all day Saturday. Saturday night we went out for a drive. Eric loves to photograph the native Aussie wildlife. So we went out driving, and several times "Eagle Eyes Eric" saw a gecko in the road. We have a routine now- we pull over, he grabs the camera and his flashlight and I grab my flashlight. Then he identifies the gecko (or whatever) and hands me his flashlight while he crouches down. I take both lights, shine them on the lizard, and wait for his directions. Then he takes pictures while we try to keep the gecko from running away. After a few shots its back in the Jeep until he spots another one. Its all quite exciting! :)

So I will have to put some pics up of the geckos and stuff once we get high speed internet. Who knows when that might be since the internet company still hasn't informed us that the line has been turned on. Grrr. Aussie customer service is something quite different, let me tell you. We ordered dsl on October 25th or so, and still are dealing with dial up in the meantime. Which wouldn't be so frustrating if I didn't get kicked off every so often, and always when I'm in the middle of something. Ah, well.

Not a whole lot planned for this week. I'm hoping to go to the pool soon. With as sunny as it is maybe I can get some sort of color on me other than a lovely pasty white. Have to tan through the sunscreen though since they have some of the strongest UV rays in the world here. But would be nice to cool off in the water! Still can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week. Doesn't feel like it at all! I do miss the leaves changing for fall. Hard to believe that it will be snowing in some places in the US soon. Going to be a very strange Christmas with weather in the upper 90's!

Need to finish this before I get kicked offline. More to come in the next couple of days.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home