Friday, November 18, 2005

Reading, writing, knitting?

I just finished reading Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. What a cute book. It was very sweet, and made me feel in touch with my inner teenager. Really, I spent time looking through my old yearbooks while I was in the middle of the books. Awww.

So the book is about a magic pair of pants that one of four friends finds, and the magic is that the pants fit all four girls. And they fit good, hugging curves and all that jazz. So they decide to send the pants to each other over the summer since the girls are all going to different locations, and let the pants remind them of their friendships. They have ten rules for the pants, and I think one of my favorite rules was "You cannot pick your nose while wearing the Pants. However, you can rub your nose with your finger and kinda pick it at the same time." Too funny! Who hasn't ever done this? Its terrible when you get caught doing it in your car at a stoplight or something. Not that I know, right?

Had an interview today. Might be getting a job, yay! I have another interview Monday. I wanted to do some temping, but they have a permanent position that I finding more about on Monday. I definitely only want part time, since I know that we are going to do some serious traveling while we are here. I mean, why move to another country if you can't take advantage of it, right? So hopefully I will find out more about that on Monday, and put an update on then!

I need to catch up on my knitting this weekend. Since I didn't have any friends (or internet) for a long time I learned how to knit. So I am working on a potholder and blanket currently. I've already made another potholder and two scarves, so I am doing pretty good. I hope the baby blanket turns out okay, though. The good news is the person I am making it for will love me even if its not knit perfect. She'll just know that her next child's blanket will be a lot better! LOL.

Anyhow, if you are reading this hope that you have a great weekend! Ciao!

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didnt even know prople ate camel! Good luck on the job. I really enjoy your blogs. You should check out my page on myspace-just search for me by my 1st and last name.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Hey Katie, found your blog. I think its cool that you're living in Aus. now. Post some pics if you have the net yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home