Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Well, its a day early but we celebrated today. I made brownies from scratch (which I am so proud of- I always get the box kind but felt like being a good wife for once) and we went to Eric's co-workers house. It was kind of crazy but fun. I am slowly but surely starting to make friends. Not all of them are people I would necessarily hang out with if I could pick and choose, but they all seem like nice people. And it is a small community here, so you take what you can get. Also I really think that great friends are so hard to come by. I knew a lot of people when we lived in Ohio but only made one great friend. Anyone who will drive across the country with you and actually meet all the other crazy people you love, and still like you at the end of a 25 hour road trip is a GREAT friend!

So Thanksgiving dinner was fun. I was surprised that we actually got to eat turkey. I hope it didn't cost the people who threw the party too much. It amazed me how much turkey cost here, but DUH its not an indigenous animal. Silly me. After dinner some people played poker, Eric and some guys played Spades, and I played board games with a bunch of girls. It was a lot of fun. I met several new people but at least it was a small enough group that I could remember some of their names at the end of the night. Nothing more embarrassing than calling someone the wrong name! But it was a very nice night. And we have so much to be thankful for. Tomorrow I will make a nice little dinner for the two of us (no turkey though) and we can tell each other what we are thankful for, because I think that is a great reason to celebrate a holiday. Not just about the Turkey, same as Christmas isn't all about the presents, right?

Speaking of Christmas- I hope to get the tree out tomorrow! It so doesn't feel like its almost here. I have to admit I am going to sorely miss being in the States for Black Friday- now that was a day I definitely got into in the last couple of years. I think its the dormant "hunter gatherer" sense that comes to life and makes you jump into the fray. I always felt such a load of happiness at getting a couple of items on Super Sale. Ah, well. I shall have to look online this year.

It is late here and I have to be up early tomorrow, so I should run. I hope whoever reads this has a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Don't forget to be thankful for something- even if its something small like being grateful for running water. Where would we be without it? :)

Night!

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Hey Katie, Happy THanksgiving. I don't know if you can access all the same websites there or not but BestBuy has all their deals on their website that is available in the stores.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home