Friday, December 09, 2005

Birthday Cake

I baked Eric a birthday cake this morning. Devil's food cake- with chocolate buttercream icing. Need to get a cheap mixer- my arm is sore from mixing with a wooden spoon! Burns the calories from eating it, though. It turned out to be pretty tasty. I sure made a mess in the kitchen, though. I'll have to go clean it up in a few minutes. And my Tupperware came in- whoo hoo! :)

Eric slept in while I was baking, and is now downstairs watching Southpark. We are taking it easy today- just like he wants. Might go driving around looking for critters later. And apparently there is a demolition derby tonight that we might go to. Some guys from his work are going. I've never been to one, and I'm really not that interested but it's his birthday, not mine!

I kept telling him we should go to the pool, cause it would be the first time he could go swimming on his birthday! But he's not really interested. Ah, well.

I finished the book I have been reading. Eldest, the second book in the Inheritance series. It was really good. If you like LOTR but want a little bit of an easier read, I think you would like this series. Its about a farmboy who finds a dragon egg. The author wrote the first one (Eragon) when he was 17. I can't wait for the third one!

Well I better let Eric have the computer so he can get his World of Warcraft on while I get showered. He loves it when he can play without getting nagged!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home