Wednesday, November 30, 2005

First day of work

Well I've been home for about an hour now. The first day went quite well. I hope I didn't scare my supervisor by talking her ear off. Guess that's what happens when I am used to spending the day at home alone!

I did a LOT of typing. Have decided I need to get a wrist pad- the keyboard at home has one, but my little wrists were red from rubbing against the wood all day. I am copying an entire employee manual into the computer, as the property we are about to own only has paper copies on file. Tomorrow I get to do some spreadsheets, which will be fun. Really not a bad job, especially for what they are paying me! And I am so glad to be out of the house for a while.

I did get picked on for my American accent. All in good fun! Apparently my supervisor sent out an email to other departments warning them that she had a new girl, and not to be thrown off by my accent. Its still so funny to me, that I am the one with the funny accent. But I am learning heaps of Aussie! Just having a hard time sometimes trying to figure if the sentence I am copying is grammatically incorrect, or just Aussie. Word of the day- Demountable. Its what I would call a portable, like the ones at school. Interesting, huh?

BTW, Tupperware party went pretty well. I had 5 people show up. I ordered some stuff myself and got heaps of free stuff, so that was nice.

Well I am off to the Book Club meeting. Don't know what I was thinking, I am so going to be up past my bedtime! We only meet once a month though and I really want to discuss the book.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home