Thursday, December 15, 2005

Cookies

I would like to start this blog by saying (to anyone who actually reads it) that I have tried 4 times this week to post and each time I would be halfway through and my *&^%ing computer would kick me off the internet. So I will try again!

This week I worked M,T,W. I have also baked about 12 dozen cookies- Around 9 dozen yesterday and 3 dozen Monday. We had a Christmas cookie exchange Tuesday morning, then I took the cookies in to work. I got to learn the difference between cookies and biscuits- the Aussie word for cookie. One lady told me that if you buy them at the store its a biscuit, but if you make it at home its a cookie. Sounds good to me! But another lady told me "thanks for the biscuits" so I think its pretty much interchangeable. But I still call them cookies.

Went to Eric's work Christmas party last night, and that was fun. It took FOREVER for the food to be set out, but it was good. Had potato soup, then peas and carrots and turkey and potatoes and gravy. I was so sleepy by the end. Also, they serve pumpkin here as a side dish- I guess kind of like sweet potatoes? I personally prefer it in a pie. Oh and they eat pumpkin soup, which I haven't tried yet.

Not a whole lot planned for today- just have to deliver the cookies I baked yesterday. We are making bags for all the single guys at Eric's work, as a holiday gift. I have to run by the bank, too because they totally screwed up my pay last week. I hope that its fixed- the lady I talked to last week said she fixed it all but I'll believe it when I see it.

Better run- gotta wake Eric up and get this posted before the puter kicks me off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home