Monday, January 09, 2006

Our Anniversary

So we celebrated our anniversary this weekend. It was actually on Thursday but we celebrated on Saturday. While I went to a party that afternoon, Eric had errands to run. We both worked last week so he never had the car during the week, so waited till Saturday.

Saturday late afternoon he told me we needed to get in the car and go somewhere, and to wear tennis shoes. So I get in the car, and we start driving out of town a little ways. We're about a mile from our final destination and I have an idea that I know where he's taking me... Sure enough, we pulled up outside the Camel Farm!! We went on a camel ride. It was so much fun. I will put a picture up of the two of us on the camel. Her name was Sally, and no, she didn't spit! She was very pleasant. It was pretty hot, but lots of fun. I learned that there are feral camels roaming Australian deserts... They call a "pack" of camels a Mob. So there are wild Mobs of camels roaming around, wreaking havoc! LOL.

I know its pretty dorky, but when I found out they had camels in Australia I got excited and told Eric I really really wanted to ride one. I mean, I can't ride a kangaroo, right? LOL. So it was really sweet of him to take me on the ride. They do a Camel ride with dinner, but they didn't have enough people to do one this week. That's alright!

Then we got home, and since we were both kind of hot Eric asked me to get him some ice cream out of the freezer. I open the freezer and there is an open box sitting in front of the ice cream with an opal necklace in it. I couldn't believe it! Then I saw the grin on Eric's face...

He is so good to me.

So that was our lovely little weekend together. Yesterday we went grocery shopping, and today he worked all day while I cleaned the house and did laundry. Tomorrow I leave for my trip back to the US. I am excited, but wish he could come with me. Ah, well. I always wish that! But I will just have to get him some good presents while I am home.

So this will be the last blog for a little while, at least. I am going to see my wonderful sister Connie! I will be traveling for a few days, but once I get to her house and get settled in (aka recover from jet lag) I will be posting a little.

Now I just have to add the picture of us on the camel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home