Saturday, January 21, 2006

Circus Circus

I have had a fun filled week, and its only Saturday!!

So Wednesday we went to the Children's Museum, which was fun. Only spent about 90 mins there though so might go back sometime next week. The next night was the circus, which was awesome! We had tickets to Ringling Bros. Barnum Bailey circus, and we sat in row 5. It was so cool. My sister Connie hasn't been to the circus since she was 6, and I don't know who had more fun- her or her son! We all had a great time. And they do such a great show! I never remembered the circus having pyrotechnical effects before. Its wild.



Then last night Connie and I went on a "sister date". I dropped my nephew off at daycare around noon, came home and got ready and picked her up from work. Then we went across town and shopped till we dropped. We spent over two hours in Old Navy. The sale was great- we both got some jeans for less than $4, T-shirts for less than $2, it was wonderful. It was nice just to be shopping in a store again, too! Not that I don't go to the grocery store and stuff when I am home, but nothing like the "retail therapy" I can get here! So we went to Old Navy, Target and then out to eat. Ended up at UNO's- the food was good but the service kinda crappy. I was happy to have my Spinach Mushroom Gorgonzola pizza, though. We had an awesome time, and it was nice to connect just the two of us. I am so lucky to have such great sisters, and that we are all such great friends, too.

So today we all went out for a bike ride along the river, which was nice. It was overcast but that was a good thing, because by the end of the ride I was getting hot and it would have been worse with the sun out! It was nice to ride and chat and feel less guilty for the pizza I wolfed down last night. After lunch we came home and tonight I've been watching my nephew because I sent Connie out on a REAL date- with her husband! I know after being here for a week that they don't get a whole lot of time without my nephew around, and I get tons of time with my husband and can't even imagine going weeks without a "just the two of us" date. Another good thing for them- I don't charge to babysit!! Its fun time for me. He is so easy, too- was asleep at 9:00.

Well time for me to go downstairs and get some knitting and reading done. I am sure it will be at least another 3 or 4 days before I post again.

PS I hope the Panthers win tomorrow- then it means they'll be playing in the Superbowl again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home