Monday, February 06, 2006

Southern Living

Happy Groundhog Day, several days late!!

Wow I can't believe its been over 2 weeks since I have posted. Guess it just shows how busy I have been. I think I have successfully eaten too much, spent too much and played too much. Isn't that what you are supposed to do when you go on "holiday" as they call it in Oz.

Let's see if I can summarize what we've done in the last two weeks:
  1. On the 27th we headed down to Tybee Island, GA where we stayed in a condo on the beach. It was wonderful! We ate at the Crab Shack, which is this neat place with little alligators in a lagoon, tons of white Christmas lights in the trees, and a 7 foot tall alligator statue outside the front door. We also visited downtown Savannah, and that was beautiful. Tried to get into Paula Deen's restaurant but couldn't wait 2 hours for lunch. Ended up later that weekend eating at Uncle Bubba's, which is supposedly Paula Deen's brother. Food was absolutely awesome. If you aren't from the South you might not get this but I had the best bowl of Shrimp and Grits there- it was delicious. So good we went back the next day for lunch! We had a wonderful time. Need to go down to Tybee sometime for about a week or so.
  2. Came back on the 29th and celebrated my sister Connie's birthday on the 30th. I won't reveal how old she is, but it was a great birthday! We got a cake, flowers, and presents. I even got my 2 1/2 year old nephew to sing Happy Birthday. Too cute!
  3. Wednesday the 1st my Auntie had to go home. So we spent the day with her, then picked up Connie and went to the airport. "Fly in the sky" as my nephew says. It was fun to see her, and we were sorry to see her go.
  4. This weekend- Saturday just hung out pretty much all day. Got treated like a princess cause I slept in until 9 or so, and woke up to go downstairs and eat a huge breakfast. Then went to sleep on the couch after breakfast. Felt like bums so went on a bike ride right before the sun went down. Yesterday we got up super early and watched a building in downtown Columbia get imploded. That was an interesting experience. Nothing like the sound of dynamite to wake you up on a Sunday morning! But it was really cool. Watching it on TV just doesn't do it justice. They are going to put up a new building for the university where that one used to be. Then we went to Cracker Barrel and had breakfast- yummy. Came home, took a nap then went out and about shoe shopping. Fun times! I got some awesome shoes, so was really happy with that. Then we came home and watched the Superbowl. That was so low key- not that I don't dig a great party but it was nice to just have the four of us eat and watch the game.

So now I have taken you through what's been going on. I have to leave Wednesday :( but I am really starting to miss Eric, so its a good time to go. I will get to spend time on Wednesday in San Francisco with my great friend Kathleen, so I am really looking forward to that. I haven't seen her since this summer, and I can't even remember the last time the 2 of us got to spend some one-on-one time together so that should be tons of fun. Plus she is being awesome and letting me sleep at her place before I have to catch my flight back to Australia. What a great gal! Its so nice knowing someone that you can call and say "Can I stay with you next week?" and know that even though you asked, you already knew you had a place to stay.

Well this will probably be the last post until I get home and recover from my trip. I hope anyone who reads this is doing well.

Until next time (from another Hemisphere)~

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was fun to read this and more fun to have been a part of some of the adventures. I am trying this comment business. We'll see if I can have success this time! Hope you have a good trip back. love from THE aunt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home