Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Anzac Day

So its been over a month since I have posted. I was reminded of this fact by my little sister, who says she checks my blog every day. Whoops. Happy Birthday, Anne! Only a few days late, but now its out for everyone to see!

Today is Anzac Day, where Australians commemorate all the Australia/New Zealand Armed Forces. Good for them! Fun aussie fact: Did you know that Australia has been the US's only ally to be in every armed conflict from 1900-present? I didn't realize that. But don't ask me which war they were our ally in that UK wasn't- I think it might have been Korea, but really not sure. In other Australian News, there is a Category 5 cyclone that might hit the major city in the Northern Territory called Monica. As of last night Darwin was on alert. Yikes. Hopefully they won't have too much flooding.

Eric is apparently going to Darwin this weekend to do some fishing. They are going to drive up Friday, go out on a boat Sat. & Sun, then come home Monday. Hope he catches a lot of fish!!

I joined an official volleyball team for the season (not just the 4 week tournament we played in March) and tonight was our first game. We lost, but it wasn't too bad. However my hand is going to be bruised tomorrow- I can already feel it. Ah well. Hopefully not too much typing to do at work!

Not a whole heck of a lot going on other than that. I guess I will post more about my life in a few more days. We are hoping to go to Cairns or somewhere else fun and exciting in July. Will definitely post some pics when we do go somewhere neat!!

Gotta go shower and start winding down for bed.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FINALLY...I check daily too. Eric is going to the place where Monica is going to hit? Is he fishing for floatsom or jetsom?

I DID know that the Auzzies were our allies in all those wars,,,are they nuts?

do you have travel plans?

go to gmail...love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home